Social Work Services ~ Case management services may include:
- Monitoring mail, helping with banking and paying bills for confused or sight-impaired people;
- Advocacy with landlords, insurance claims, and other debt situations.
- Acting as authorized representative to help people obtain and retain essential government assistance such as Food Stamps, Medicaid and Medicare.
- Counseling and intervention for individuals and families
Call Susan, HPC’s Director of Social Services, at 513-321-6816 to set a time to meet and assess needs and provide more information about this vital service.
Lunch ~ HPC’s lunch program provides older adults with a balanced, “home-cooked” meal in a clean, lively environment.
Lunch is offered every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Participants who live in HPC’s service area may be transported to meals. Lunch is prepared on site and served by volunteers.
Anyone in Greater Cincinnati can join us for lunch. Based on federal funding guidelines, there is no set fee for lunch for seniors, but HPC does ask for a contribution of $5.00 for those 60 years and older to help underwrite the program cost. Those younger than 60 years old are charged $10.00 per meal.
Transportation ~ HPC provides safe, on-time individualized transportation to people 60+ years old who live in our seven-neighborhood eastside service area: East End, Hyde Park, Madisonville, Mt. Lookout, Oakley, O’Bryonville and South Norwood.
Federal funding dictates that we cannot charge for transportation but we do request donations to support the service. The donation range is $3.00-$10.00, depending on how far the trip is. Seniors 60+ can reserve a ride to the doctor, dentist, bank, grocery or to and from the Center.
Wellness and Learning ~ Wellness and learning activities include:
- Daily exercise classes, including yoga and chair exercise.
- Classes and discussion groups
- Speakers on a wide variety of topics including health education.
- Games: card games, pool, dominoes, Peruvian frog game.
- Parties, musical and cultural entertainment, movies, day trips, shopping trips.
See the monthly activities calendar for a full schedule of activities and classes, or call 513-321-6816 for more information.
United Way of Greater Cincinnati provides partial funding for this program.
Center programs are supported in part by